IN HIS OWN WORDS:
“I am super excited for 2018 as Carlin is like family to me. Having raced with them on and off since 2009 and having had my most competitive years with the team, I know we can work toward great things in INDYCAR. The Verizon IndyCar Series is exceptionally competitive, but the introduction of the new aero package will help level the playing field slightly. I know that finding the maximum in a spec series like this is where Carlin really excels.”
- Moves to Carlin for his third season in Verizon IndyCar Series competition and fourth racing in America. He also competed in Indy Lights in 2015.
- Made 35 F1 starts for Marussia team from 2013-14, and became the first rookie to finish every race in his debut season.
- Has competed in 24 Hours of Le Mans and won races in GP2 (Now Formula 2) and British Formula 3 Championship.
- Enjoys fitness training, golf and music.
- Considers himself organized and tidy, which "is unusual for someone my age."
- Older brother, Tom, is also a racing driver who competes in both the World Touring Car Championship and British Touring Car Championship.
- Married his longtime girlfriend Chloe Roberts during the 2017 season. The couple commute to INDYCAR events from their home in England.